[CentOS-docs] Docs strategy and tactics [RFC]

Fri Mar 27 22:00:46 UTC 2015
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>

On 03/25/2015 01:19 AM, kunaal jain wrote:
> Hi Kartsen,
>
> you'll have my proposal by the end of the day. I am not good at
> writing content. :(  I have sorted out all the technicalities
> though.
>
> Regards, Kunal Jain

Thanks, we'll start working on the proposal with you and other
interested mentors now that the initial deadline is here.

- - Karsten

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:48 AM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>
> wrote: Kunaal:
>
> I know you are still researching, but I think you may have enough
> to write up your proposal in the Melange tool. The deadline for
> applications to be input is 27 March at 19:00 UTC. However, that
> is followed by a few more weeks for you to work with me and other
> mentors/helpers to refine the application. So your next step is to
> work on and submit that proposal.
>
> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/profile/register/student/google/gsoc

2015

> Once we have you (and any others) in the Melange system, I'm going
> to work with Shaun and any others to help narrow my scope to
> something that is and doable in a summer's time. Shaun's warnings
> about the difficulties of syncing with an upstream are really
> important, and we may want to think of a way to loosely couple
> rather than try to solve the problem in general.
>
> If folks don't mind, I'd appreciate continuing at least some of
> this discussion on this list -- we need to make sure that this
> toolchain lines up with our process, and that process is itself
> sane and doable.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Karsten

few GSoC projects that just ended up as interesting experiments,