[CentOS-docs] Wiki request

Tue Nov 3 12:52:22 UTC 2015
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

Hi.  I've already spoken with Jim Perrin about this and he's fine with
it; confirm with him if need be.

May I please have edit rights to http://wiki.centos.org/irc to:

1) correct a typo
2) point people to the proper documentation on how to register a nick,
   including sasl auth and ssl via the official Freenode documentation.
3) whatever further maintenance is needed now or in the future.

I am also requesting a page one level deeper (with edit rights) of:

http://wiki.centos.org/irc/banned

to be used to direct people to that will contain information on why
certain gateways are banned from IRC (rampant abuse) and the steps
people may take to get access to #centos.  #centos will auto-forward
these people to a specific channel that the channel bot will sit in and
spam out the above link.  The page will be able to go into much more
detail than the bot can easily accommodate.  This will serve to provide
a better experience than just banning without reason (we do similar
currently for unregistered users).

						John
--
Instead of insight, maybe all a man gets is strength to wander for a while.
Maybe the only gift is a chance to inquire, to know nothing for certain.

-- William Least Heat-Moon (27 August 1939-), American travel writer
   and historian, Blue Highways, Part Six, Chapter 9 (1982)