[CentOS-docs] cciss solution for CentOS 7

Scott Dowdle

dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Sep 28 23:17:37 UTC 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I've recently come across a thread in the CentOS forums [0] regarding
> the solution to getting hardware requiring the cciss driver, such as HP
> ProLiant G5 systems, to install and boot with CentOS 7. The thread was a
> start in the right direction, but I believe I've determined a better
> workflow and feel that it would benefit the community to have this
> published either in the release notes or on the Wiki.

I have a couple of ProLiant G5 systems and I just built my own remix that includes the elrepo provided cciss driver... but hey, I'd like to use stock media and the info you provided if possible.  The only thing is I don't remember what card is in the system as it has been a while since I originally set it up.  I guess I could probably reboot it and pay very close attention to the POST info and maybe that'd tell me.

lspci only lists it as:
06:00.0 RAID bus controller: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array Controller (rev 03)

lshw lists it as:
*-storage
     product: Smart Array Controller
     vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company
     physical id: 0
     bus info: pci at 0000:06:00.0
     version: 03
     width: 64 bits
     clock: 33MHz
     capabilities: storage pciexpress msix pm vpd bus_master cap_list rom
     configuration: driver=cciss latency=0
     resources: irq:18 memory:fde00000-fdefffff ioport:4000(size=256) memory:fddf0000-fddf0fff memory:d0000000-d003ffff

How do I tell what make and model of RAID card it is?

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street