[CentOS-docs] discussions around upstream documentation

Mon Apr 11 16:18:11 UTC 2016
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

There is a Fedora Activity Day
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Documentation_2016 ) centered around
documentation, where I'm going to see what can be done about the state
of centos documentation from upstream sources.

Most of the tooling for documentation for these two groups is centered
around git. For the most part, our documentation currently lives in the
wiki, and has a fairly high barrier to new contributors.

Would the regulars who contribute on the wiki consider consider
supporting a migration to a git based documentation workflow?

I think this would help lower the barrier to contribution by allowing
new contributors to submit a pull request or patch for documentation
rather than join a mailing list, request access, etc.

What are the thoughts or concerns about this sort of workflow change?

--
Jim Perrin