[CentOS-docs] dead links and request for home page

Mika Hämäläinen

mikahamis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:44:29 UTC 2016

Greetings from Finland!

This is my first contribution.

username: MikaHämäläinen

the proposed subject of your Wiki contribution(s): fix dead link at
https://wiki.centos.org/irc

the proposed location of your Wiki contribution(s):
https://wiki.centos.org/irc
At #12: IRC Instructions for Beginners in paragraph

"Some of the CentOS IRC channels, most notably *#centos* and
*#centos-social*, require you to have your nick registered with the
nickname service on freenode in order to join and participate. freenode
provides registration instructions and other information
<http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#contents-userregistration> that you are
encouraged to read."

the link to registration instructions is dead. The new link is:
http://freenode.net/kb/answer/registration

Also, there is a dead link on https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General
at #22, http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_backport.html

The same dead link can also be found at https://wiki.centos.org/irc at #2.0
(We heavily encourage the Socratic Method over *spoonfeeding* answers;
reading how to ask questions; and understanding the upstream's statement about
backporting <http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_backport.html>.)

Alas, I couldn't find a corresponding page with a quick search for
"backport" at https://www.redhat.com/en/search (the 404 page search doesn't
actually search anything, it loads the real search page).

Also, I would like to make a request for a* home page*.

Cheers,
Mika Hämäläinen

P.S.
Happy holidays!