[CentOS-docs] Write access for MarcusFurlong

Marcus Furlong furlongm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 02:20:29 UTC 2016

On 18 February 2016 at 05:15, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Marcus Furlong <furlongm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As per
>> https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#head-42b3d8e26400a106851a61aebe5c2cca54dd79e5
>> , I would like to request write access to
>> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel for myself (user
>> MarcusFurlong).
>>
>> The page is out of date and I can update it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcus.
>

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thanks for your offer to improve the page. It is out of date because I am
> being lazy. ;)
>
> As you can see, "This page is currently being revised to incorporate the
> appropriate details for CentOS 7." Is this something you are aiming at? Alan
> and I (co-maintainers of the kernel articles) have been talking how best to
> accommodate all three releases (CentOS 5, 6, and 7) without cluttering the
> page.

Hi Akemi,

Yes, I was hoping to incorporate details for CentOS 7.

We could either have three separate sections with info repeated, or
add release-specific information where appropriate? I only wanted to
add CentOS7 information as the page is out of date. I suppose the
benefit of three separate sections is that the instructions are clear
for each distro and people are unlikely to look beyond that section,
even if it does increase the page length. The downside is that some
information is duplicated. Happy to go either way.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Marcus.
--