[CentOS-docs] Write access for MarcusFurlong

Fri Feb 19 02:44:12 UTC 2016
Marcus Furlong <furlongm at gmail.com>

On 19 February 2016 at 03:21, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Marcus Furlong <furlongm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 February 2016 at 05:15, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Hi Marcus,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your offer to improve the page. It is out of date because I
>> > am
>> > being lazy. ;)
>> >
>> > As you can see, "This page is currently being revised to incorporate the
>> > appropriate details for CentOS 7." Is this something you are aiming at?
>> > Alan
>> > and I (co-maintainers of the kernel articles) have been talking how best
>> > accommodate all three releases (CentOS 5, 6, and 7) without cluttering
>> > the
>> > page.
>>
>> Hi Akemi,
>>
>> Yes, I was hoping to incorporate details for CentOS 7.
>>
>> We could either have three separate sections with info repeated, or
>> add release-specific information where appropriate? I only wanted to
>> add CentOS7 information as the page is out of date. I suppose the
>> benefit of three separate sections is that the instructions are clear
>> for each distro and people are unlikely to look beyond that section,
>> even if it does increase the page length. The downside is that some
>> information is duplicated. Happy to go either way.
>>
>> What are your thoughts?
>>
> I have set up your homepage:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/MarcusFurlong
>
> I propose that you create a draft page under your homepage like:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/MarcusFurlong/Custom_Kernel_draft
>
> and we can discuss this further from there?

Hi Akemi,

Is it possible to get (read) access to the markup text of
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel ? Or to make a copy of it
somewhere where I can access the markup?

Otherwise I need to start writing the draft (including all formatting)
from scratch.

Regards,
Marcus.
--