[CentOS-docs] wiki addition for AWS

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Tue Mar 8 18:46:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> I'm also working on making the CentOS images available outside of the
> Market Place shortly, so details for that ( including regions ) will
> likely end up in the same page.

Since you mentioned getting info about AMI ids, do you know anything about
the following?

Why do the AMIs listed in the region specific images for CentOS7 in
eu-central-1 not exist in the following query:
$ aws --region eu-central-1 ec2 describe-images --owners aws-marketplace
--filters Name=product-code,Values=aw0evgkw8e5c1q413zgy5pjce --query
'Images[*].ImageId'
ami-7cc4f661 ami-9bf712f4 ami-e68f82fb

In fact, I cant even find them with  the following queries:
$ aws --region eu-central-1 ec2 describe-images --image-ids ami-08222e15 #
CentOS7
$ aws --region eu-central-1 ec2 describe-images --image-ids ami-0e222e13 #
CentOS6

Are those image private or just gone?

If those images aren't correct anymore, we should just delete that whole
section from the wiki.

Thanks,
wt