[CentOS-docs] status of https://wiki.centos.org/Documentation

Tue Mar 22 09:45:00 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 22/03/16 10:21, François Cami wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
> <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>> On 03/22/2016 09:30 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was having a look at that page, and was wondering what we can do for
>>> point #3 (Manuals and other documentation)
>>> As we have no real content for CentOS 6 and 7 , my idea was just to
>>> explain in one line that (while technically not the CentOS
>>> documentation) , almost all the points coming from uptream documentation
>>> ( - except for subscription manager - ) can be applied to CentOS and so
>>> having link from that section to
>>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/
>>>
>>> Ideas, thoughts, comments ?
>>>
>> +1 for that. it's long overdue.
>
> -1 from me, because access.redhat.com documentation contains support
> statements which are irrelevant to the CentOS project. I'd very much
> like to avoid generating (more) confusion in potential users.
>
> François

Yes, but I was mentioning documentation about how to
deploy/configure/maintain it, but you have a point : so the note would
need to mention that everything regarding support channels and
subscriptions should be considered "not applicable" to CentOS
It's true that it can confuse potential users, but not having
documentation at all doesn't help, and from what I see in #centos or
forums, people are already pointed to the only existing doc, aka the
upstream ones

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab