[CentOS-docs] status of https://wiki.centos.org/Documentation

Tue Mar 22 17:11:04 UTC 2016

On 22/03/16 07:30, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was having a look at that page, and was wondering what we can do for
> point #3 (Manuals and other documentation)
> As we have no real content for CentOS 6 and 7 , my idea was just to
> explain in one line that (while technically not the CentOS
> documentation) , almost all the points coming from uptream documentation
> ( - except for subscription manager - ) can be applied to CentOS and so
> having link from that section to https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/
>
> Ideas, thoughts, comments ?

-1 from me, CentOS scope isnt the same as RHEL ones.

if we cant get the docs and host / adapt to taste, I am ok for us to
move the existing docs into an archive/ area, but retain it on the site,
along with the relevant content redirection as needed, and just drop
having current release docs.

if none is willing to do the work to make centos docs possible, clearly
the community has rejected having these docs in the first place.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh