[CentOS-docs] discussions around upstream documentation

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Tue May 17 12:09:58 UTC 2016

The Fedora team is working on moving away from docbook and xml to
asciidoc. This is a more straightforward approach in the file, with a
reasonably easy syntax to learn. This will let us keep docs in git so
that users who find something and want to fix it can simply submit a
pull request or patch to update and someone responsible can approve or
deny it.

In the future, it means that non-wiki docs should be easily consumable
and editable. That doesn't help us for the current state of
documentation, but it does help to resolve things for the future. I'm
still working on the state of the existing docs via a few contacts I
made at the docs day.

--
Jim Perrin