[CentOS-docs] Proposed Contribution for the "How To's" Section

Rob Morrison rob.morrison at baculasystems.com
Wed Sep 21 17:07:40 UTC 2016

Hello,

My username is RobMorrison

The proposed subject of my Wiki contribution is "Backing up with Bacula"

Some background information in case you are not aware of Bacula:

According to Source Forge statistics (rank and downloads), Bacula is by
far the most popular Open Source backup program. It eables you (or the
system administrator) to manage backup, recovery, and verification of
computer data across a network of computers of different kinds. Bacula
is relatively easy to use and very efficient, while offering many
advanced storage management features that make it easy to find and
recover lost or damaged files. In technical terms, it is an Open Source,
network based backup program.

So far there have been over 3Million downloads of Bacula, and it is used
by many leading data centers and research establishments around the
world, such as NASA.

The proposed location of my Wiki contribution is
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BaculaBackups

Many thanks and best regards,

Rob

http://blog.bacula.org/