[CentOS-docs] Adding SIG info to mirror list

Zdenek Sedlak

dev at apgrco.com
Mon Mar 27 12:31:28 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-27 14:16, Anssi Johansson wrote:
> 27.3.2017, 14.31, Zdenek Sedlak kirjoitti:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was looking for AltArch Rsync mirror somewhere in the Nordic and it is
>> somehow hard to find.
>>
>> Mirror list at https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/ shows the
>> available HTTP/FTP/Rsync mirrors, but there is no information if the
>> mirror provides other content than the CentOS repository itself.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have additional information like if the AltArch
>> (and others) repositories are available or not.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> The header on that page helpfully says: "If you’re searching for
> mirrors providing AltArch content (like ppc64,ppc64le,aarch64,armfhp)
> please use this link", with a link pointing to
> https://www.centos.org/download/altarch-mirrors/
>
> I hope this helps you find the mirrors easier :)
Haha, thank you - I see now.

OK, I know I should read the header but I usually jump directly to the
country nearest to me using the Ctrl-F.

IMHO the header is quite easy to miss, could it be done in bold text or
other colour so it would be more visible? Just my 2 cents.

Another idea could be to rewrite the mirrors page with some selectors like

-> Choose you country: [drop-down with list of coutries]
-> [ ] Show mirrors with 'altarch' repositories

[Submit]

and you will get a filtered list.

Something like that.

//Zdenek