[CentOS-docs] Draft review request (php7 on CentOS) [Was: Documentation proposal]

Remi Collet

Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Nov 9 05:32:30 UTC 2017

Hi

Le 03/11/2017 à 17:38, Akemi Yagi a écrit :
> ​It's been a week, so I set up a place for you in HowTo:
>
>https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/php7

Thanks for having worked on this

And sorry for very late comment (I have missed this discussion)

The solution described in this howto also works on CentOS 6 using the
backported mod_proxy_fcgi available in EPEL.

BTW, the ProxyPass way have some caveats, especially as it is evaluated
early in the request, so before redirect, index, right, htaccess... and
thus, can raise some surprising behaviorts

So I usually recommends the SetHandler way, as httpd 2.4 in base CentOS
7 repository have all the backports needed to use it, and will work
closely of mod_php.

On the same time I was working on a similar article (mostly updating and
merging all the old blog articles from my blog)

The result have been recently published
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/25/php-configuration-tips/

Regards,
Remi