[CentOS-docs] lowering the barriers for wiki.centos.org

Ken Dreyer

kdreyer at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 15:30:56 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

What would it take to make it easier for users to sign up and
immediately start contributing to the wiki without having their
accounts approved by hand?

I'd like to host more documentation for the storage SIG there, and I
want to make it easier for other users to contribute without the
manual gating process.

For example, today anyone can sign up for a GitHub account to edit
https://github.com/ktdreyer/storage-sig-utils/blob/master/new-major-release.rst
, and I'd like to have that on the CentOS Wiki instead.

My Ceph team all has GitHub accounts. Are we looking at hooking
MoinMoin into GitHub or accounts.centos.org ? Or moving away from
MoinMoin? What is the current direction?

If we could lower the barriers to entry, we'd set a great tone for the
CentOS project, and the CentOS wiki could have even better content.

- Ken