[CentOS-docs] reference page for Apache test page & the project

Trevor Hemsley trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 23 20:17:04 UTC 2018

On 23/06/18 21:03, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 04:58:21PM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>> * Is there a better page I can point at?
> 'Better' is quite subjective; however this all goes back to
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20060523223519/https://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=127
>
> and is as good of a reference as any.
>
> I would urge someone to scrape the gist of that thread and preserve it
> on wiki.c.o somewhere.
>
> If no one else does I will do it later today or tomorrow when I have a
> bit of time and motivation.

You know, perhaps this is approaching this from the wrong direction.
Maybe the correct solution would be to change that welcome page to be
more explicit about what it is and why it's there so the question
doesn't arise in the first place. It *is* better than it used to be but
it could be better. If we just move the "The CentOS Project has nothing
to do with this website or its content, it just provides the software
that makes the website run." up to immediately after the "This server