[CentOS-docs] Guidelines/Policy for removal of EOL content from wiki

Phil Wyett

philwyett at kathenas.org
Mon May 14 05:33:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-05-14 at 00:36 +0100, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> On 13/05/18 18:31, Phil Wyett wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > With now release 5 and below all EOL for over 12 months[1]. What
> > guidelines/policy is in place for removal of old and out of date
> > content from
> > the wiki?
> >
> > [1] 5 is in extended support upstream and documentation etc. remain
> > available
> > until November 30, 2020. Should 5 related content remain until that date?
>
> I think that the CentOS 5 info could still be valid for newer releases
> and should not be removed via a "purge it all" approach. It would be
> better to either amend it to say it's generic, read and recommend
> deletion of specific pages or amend it to apply to newer versions too.
>
> I don't think you can just delete a page and say it's out of date
> because it's old. Some things are still the same as they always were.
>
> Trevor

Hi,

Sorry, if it sounded like an attempt at a scorched earth policy, I did not
intend to mean that. Taking and updating generic pages would be great and
marking them as such. After consensus, pages for 5 or older that no longer meet
the needs of the project and users, maybe marked as 'old EOL release' until a
time they are decided on for eventual deletion.

Regards

Phil

- --
*** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

Playing the game for the games sake.

IRC: kathenas

Web: https://kathenas.org

Github: https://github.com/kathenas

GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

Twitter: kathenasorg

GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77