[CentOS-docs] Guidelines/Policy for removal of EOL content from wiki

Sun May 13 23:36:15 UTC 2018
Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>

On 13/05/18 18:31, Phil Wyett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With now release 5 and below all EOL for over 12 months[1]. What
> guidelines/policy is in place for removal of old and out of date
> content from
> the wiki?
>
> [1] 5 is in extended support upstream and documentation etc. remain
> available
> until November 30, 2020. Should 5 related content remain until that date?

I think that the CentOS 5 info could still be valid for newer releases
and should not be removed via a "purge it all" approach. It would be
better to either amend it to say it's generic, read and recommend
deletion of specific pages or amend it to apply to newer versions too.

I don't think you can just delete a page and say it's out of date
because it's old. Some things are still the same as they always were.

Trevor