[CentOS-docs] Wiki edit: HowTos/Grub2

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:22:07 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 4:52 AM Mitchell Roe <mitchell.roe at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> This is my first contribution, so please let me know if there is anything I should be doing differently. I am following the instructions found here: https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute.
>
> Your FirstnameLastname username: MitchellRoe
>
> The proposed subject of your Wiki contribution(s): Corrected path for getting menu entries
>
> The proposed location of your Wiki contribution(s): In https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Grub2, in section 2 titled "2. How to Define the Default Entries", in the first code block, the command given is:
>
> awk -F\' '$1=="menuentry " {print i++ " : " $2}' /etc/grub2.cfg
>
> I propose it should be the following:
>
> awk -F\' '$1=="menuentry "{print i++ " : " $2}' /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
>
> Thanks for the helpful guides. I look forward to contributing more in the future!
>
> -- Mitchell Roe (he/him/his) mitchell.roe at member.fsf.org

Thank you for the suggestion. After discussing this with the original
author of the article, the following description taken from the RHEL
documentation has been added:

"The file name /etc/grub2.cfg is a symbolic link to the grub.cfg file,
whose location is architecture dependent. It is better to use absolute
paths when accessing to a file, as in the example above, especially
when repairing a system."

Akemi