[CentOS-docs] CentOS website/blog localization support for IT (italian...) language

Mon Dec 9 13:31:37 UTC 2019
Andy Tech <afsupertek at gmail.com>

Hi guys, greetings from Italy.

My name is Andrea Flori and I work in an IT company who give Linux
support to his customers

I am somehow involved with CentOS in the last 3 years (both for
private/personal use and work) and I think that time is arrived to
give some contribution to the project.

In the last 3 years, I am somehow involved with CentOS (both for
private/personal use and work) and I think that's time is arrived to
give some contribution to the project.

I haven't a super technician skill so I think that the best support I
can give now is to help translate the CentOS website/blog to Italian.

So why not to start from a good basepoint like this -> "Contribute to the Wiki"?
[ https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute ]

And of course also the related ones ...

Like this :
https://wiki.centos.org/ToDo
https://wiki.centos.org/Donate
https://wiki.centos.org/Promote
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Wiki/Editing
https://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/Contributing
https://centos.org/download/

Some translations, harder and complex, will come after a first
training period if I'll be able to survive to the extra job that this
task requires :-)

I'm talking about :
 - https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ
 - https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSStream
 - https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos
 - https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks

Some questions :
- There's some Italian guy on this list? Who wants to help me in this job?
- There's already some translation job started but not finished to
reuse / from which start from?
- What's the relationship (from the translation point of view) of the
website, the blog and the mailing-list? Blog and Website are on the
same web publishing platform?
- There's some dictionary with shared and clear key words? (Like using
"host" for "server", etc.) ?
- There're some guidelines about how to do the translation task?

I can't access this link... what's wrong? What's the purpose of this page?
[ https://wiki.centos.org/UserPreferences ]

Happy hacking a tutti !
[ happy hacking to everybody ]

Andrea Flori
aka
Fleur

PS : I'll in Bruxelles next January @ FOSDEM 2020, so I'll try to meet
you at Dojo on Friday, 31-JAN (I'll arrive in the morning at the
airport, before midday on the Marriot hotel)