[CentOS-docs] CentOS website/blog localization support for IT (italian...) language

Fri Dec 13 13:34:14 UTC 2019
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 12/10/19 7:20 AM, Andy Tech wrote:
> Hi all, still again here...
>
> I'm doing some working to start the Italian translation job (build a
> glossary and share some good rules to approach translation task)
>
> I've analyzed the wiki software (MoinMoin) and found it extremely
> useful and simple
> and I'm trying to get in touch with the it-translator-team of that platform.
>
> I've two questions :
> 1) Can you share the usage/mostly accessed page on the wiki (to choose
> where to start from the translating job and also to check how many
> pages are served from the /it/ sub roots)

No, I don't think we track any stats of that nature.

> Exactly what's https://planet.centos.org?
> It seems to be a historical overview of what's happened in the CentOS
> community from the beginning of 2017 until today ...

planet.centos is a blog aggregator. However, since we have almost no
active bloggers in our community, it ends up just being a mirror of the
main blog.centos.org site. A while back I looked around for some active
centOS bloggers who were posting quality content, and came up with
almost nothing. If you're aware of any, we can try to get them added on.

> Can I also translate this? Perhaps starting from the beginning of 2019 posts...
> I noted this page seems to be served and managed from a different
> platform (http://www.planetplanet.org/)

If you think there's value in translating these blog posts, I suppose
that would be fine. I'm not sure, though, where we would host that content.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166