[CentOS-docs] I Need to Build a Custom Kernel - missing step

Tue Apr 7 07:17:31 UTC 2020
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 2:58 AM Maciej Iwanowski
<maciej.iwanowski at critical.today> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to build a custom kernel following the steps defined at
> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel. It seems to me that:
> 1. Step 4 should precede step 2
> 2. At the beginning of the current step two you should execute:
> rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec (otherwise no kernel-related directory will
> exist in `/rpmbuild/BUILD/).
>
> --
> Pozdrawiam/Regards,
> Maciej Iwanowski

As stated in "step 1. Build preparations", users are supposed to
follow the instructions in "Section 2 of I Need the Kernel Source".
Running "rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec" is included in there.

Could you explain why step 4 should precede step 2?

Akemi