[CentOS-docs] Misleading information on main page about Centos Stream

Fri Sep 4 19:26:25 UTC 2020
Mason Loring Bliss <mason at blisses.org>

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 05:28:58PM -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> This is pretty misleading. Isn't Stream just a collection of repos that
> offer pre-release packages for the next RHEL point release? It's not a
> midstream between Fedora and RHEL.

Along those lines, if someone's adjusting text in there, I'd tend to think
"rolling release" indicates that one could go from RHEL 8 to 9 without a
reinstall, but unless something's changed, major version moves will require
a reinstall, just like standard CentOS.

I'd love to learn that my understanding is outdated!

--
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason at blisses.org     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped