[CentOS-docs] Wiki review

Wed Jan 27 19:58:10 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Over the past few days, and as I have time over the coming weeks, I've
been wandering around wiki.centos.org and adding blocks like the
following to the top of pages:

{{{#!wiki note
'''Help improve this page'''

We need your help! Help us by identifying questions that have
incorrect/outdated answers, adding questions that you feel need to be
answered, or improving the answers that are given below.

Join us on the
[[https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-docs|CentOS-Docs]]
mailing list to discuss this, and other documentation work!

}}}

You can find pages to which I've added this by doing this Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awiki.centos.org+%22help+improve+this+page%22

We have a LOT of content in the wiki that is outdated (some going back
to CentOS 4 days) and no longer accurate. And this is an ideal place for
community members to help us out with updating/rewriting that content.

I was hoping to publicize this effort to centos-devel, but first wanted
to 1) get more pages tagged this way and 2) make sure that you, the
residents of centos-docs, don't have any concerns about me calling down
hundreds of strangers onto this list (yes, I know, that's very
optimistic) with their edit requests.

Thoughts?

--Rich