[CentOS-docs] Repo for RHEL docs in CentOS Stream

Tue Sep 21 22:55:51 UTC 2021
Davide Cavalca <dcavalca at fb.com>

On Fri, 2021-09-17 at 14:19 +0200, Tomas Capek wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
>     I'm following up after a meeting with Rich, Karsten, and others,
> where we discussed next steps towards setting up a mirror of
>
> https://gitlab.cee.redhat.com/red-hat-enterprise-linux-documentation/rhel-8-docs
>
> at
>
> https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/docs
>
> Interesting question came up - how should the repo be named?
> Considering that all "redhat", "centos stream", and "docs" are
> already in the URL, we briefly discussed the name before Karsten
> suggested bringing the question here.
>
> Among the proposals were:
>
> "modular-docs" - might be confusing with binary modules in the Stream
> "enterprise-upstream" - could make sense from the perspective of
> RHEL, maybe not so much from the community perspective
> "linux" - this is how RHEL is called outside the context of the RH
> product offering but is it widespread enough and unambiguous enough?

I can't access the internal RH gitlab, but assuming these are the user-
facing RHEL docs, maybe "enterprise-docs" ? I'd definitely recommend
*not* using "modular-docs", that will definitely be confusing, and
"linux" is probably too generic in this context.

> We also need to consider that we shall start by setting up a one-way
> mirror from RHEL to Stream and later switch the setup to be fully
> upstream-first.

I don't suppose we could rig this up to be upstream first from the
beginning and make the centos-stream repo the source of truth here?

Cheers
Davide