[CentOS-es] Re VirtualBox y los USB.

Monica BM monicabm5 en yahoo.es
Mie Mar 18 09:41:50 UTC 2009

Muchas gracias a todos!!

Intentaré lo que me comentabais....

respecto a lo de añadirlo desde la pantalla de configuración, ya lo hice....por eso escribí.....por que así no me dejaba.

Respecto a lo del Xen.....el virtualbox no va a ser para mi, va a ser para comerciales, así que mejor dejárselo fácil!!

Y las otras cosillas que me habéis mandado , como ya he dicho las probaré...muchas gracias!!!!

________________________________
De: Mario Ganga <mario.ganga en gmail.com>
Para: centos-es en centos.org
Enviado: miércoles, 18 de marzo, 2009 2:00:33
Asunto: Re: [CentOS-es] Re VirtualBox y los USB.

Hola

esto encontre en un foro de centos es un extracto del manual de VirtualBox lo malo esdta en ingles pero no se ve muy dificil, yo ocupo xen, y virtual box en ubutu....

From VirtualBox manual:

11.4.6 USB not working
If USB is not working on your Linux host, make sure that the current user has permission
to access the USB filesystem (usbfs), which VirtualBox relies on to retrieve valid
information about your host’s USB devices.

As usbfs is a virtual filesystem, a chmod on /proc/bus/usb has no effect. The
permissions for usbfs can therefore only be changed by editing the /etc/fstab file.
For example, most Linux distributions have a user group called usb or similar, of
which the current user must be a member. To give all users of that group access to
usbfs, make sure the following line is present:
# 85 is the USB group
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=85,devmode=664 0 0
Replace 85 with the group ID that matches your system (search /etc/group for “usbâ€
or similar). Alternatively, if you don’t mind the security hole, give all users access to
USB by changing “664†to “666â€.
The various distributions are very creative from which script the usbfs filesystem
is mounted. Sometimes the command is hidden in unexpected places.
For SuSE 10.0 the mount command is part of the udev configuration file
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules. As this distribution has no user group
called usb, you may e.g. use the vboxusers group which was created by the
VirtualBox installer. Since group numbers are allocated dynamically, the following
example uses 85 as a placeholder. Modify the line containing (a linebreak has been
inserted to improve readability)
DEVPATH="/module/usbcore", ACTION=="add",
RUN+="/bin/mount -t usbfs usbfs /proc/bus/usb"
and add the necessary options (make sure that everything is in a single line):
DEVPATH="/module/usbcore", ACTION=="add",
RUN+="/bin/mount -t usbfs usbfs /proc/bus/usb -o devgid=85,devmode=664"
Debian Etch has the mount command in /etc/init.d/mountkernfs.sh. Since
that distribution has no group usb, it is also the easiest solution to allow all members
of the group vboxusers to access the USB subsystem. Modify the line
domount usbfs usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb -onoexec,nosuid,nodev
so that it contains
domount usbfs usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb -onoexec,nosuid,nodev,devgid=85,devmode=664
As usual, replace the 85 with the actual group number which should get access to
USB devices.
Other distributions do similar operations in scripts stored in the /etc/init.d directory.

Suerte.

Espero te ayude.

Atte.

Mario Ganga Castro.