[CentOS-gsoc] GSOC 2015- Rootfs build factory implementation

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 04:28:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

  I am looking forward to participate in GSOC 2015 With CentOS community in
Rootfs build factory implementation for ARM and other platforms.

This is to discuss the idea further in order to build my understanding of
the project.

ARM is now supported by most of  Linux distors. To discuss a few we have
Debian, Fedora, Gentoo Linux, Arch Linux etc.

Debain has something called debootstrap for creating an architecture
specific rootfs.

Fedora uses fedora remix for supporting different non-x86 boards(or
platforms).
>From http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Creating_Remixes
 what I could find that you can create your own fedora remix by using a
tool called appliance-tools over a fedora disk image.

So here are we trying to implement a similar implementation for CentOS ?
Please let me know if my understanding of the project is right.

Regards,
Saket Sinha