[CentOS-gsoc] GSoC - Xen based Hypervisor in a Box

Emil Condrea emilcondrea at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:41:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am Emil Condrea, student in 4h year at Faculty of Computer Science in
Iasi, Romania. I am an enthusiastic developer fascinated by low level
programming. Since two years ago I started to do research about kernel
programming. For the final thesis I wanted to improve the existing code in
open source community rather than reinventing the wheel so I combined
security with virtualization and kernel programming.
I am developing new features to Xen virtual TPMs. Also, I am going to send
patches to tpm library trousers so others can use the new features I
implemented at kernel level. I wrote this in C. I can give you more details
about it if you are interested.

I am writing this email because I want to write a proposal for Xen based
Hypervisor in a box
<http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas#head-ecb615be72e53950f08df92809020721d44c6694>
. I want to be a part of this project because I am very focused on
virtualization and security and this is what I want to work in the future.

Regarding my experience: I am working since 3 years ago at Bitdefender as
Antispam Engines Developer (C/C++). Also, I have 6 years of experience on
web development. You can see more details on my website:
http://emilcondrea.com

I am really looking forward for your reply in order to know if you think I
am the right person for this project. From your point of view is it ok to
write proposal right now or should I contact the mentor first?

Thank you,
Emil Condrea.