[CentOS-gsoc] GSoC project - yum plugin to handle docker /container images

Akash Agarwal

akashslg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:03:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am not sure of this but, doing a little search I couldn't find a DNF
plugin as well, that directly handles docker containers. Would you
recommend a project for writing a DNF plugin instead ?

In any case could you please recommend me some resources/ simple bugs or
sample tasks to solve, so as to better understand the project and work on a
proposal for GSoC.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> On 03/05/2015 07:51 AM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
>

> > yum is deprecated
>

> [citation needed]
>
> Yum is certainly not yet deprecated in the CentOS-7 lifespan, which is
> still very much in its early years. The dnf tool doesn't even exist in
> EL-7, and as I understand it, does not yet have feature parity with yum.
>

> --
> Jim Perrin
> The CentOS Project | http://www.centos.org
> twitter: @BitIntegrity | GPG Key: FA09AD77