[CentOS-gsoc] Develop a kpatch delivery mechanism

Tue Mar 10 06:09:06 UTC 2015
vladiksonic@mail.ru <vladiksonic at mail.ru>

Hello again!
I am not very familiar with technologies used in repos, thus I have some questions:
1) I would like to use nodejs to manage the repo. Is that possible? Or is there some other technology already used for doing that kind of job? (can't find it in google, I am ready to read about it, so please, attach a link to that if possible)
2) What exactly is hard about metafile? As far as I understood, there is already a format used by yum, and it already has quite some info we need to load the patches. Maybe we can employ it in its exact form + some alternations/additions? (https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Standards_Rpm_Metadata) - this will totally kill a need to write an own parser - it can be done by nearly copying yum's code for that, and will se something familiar for developers, which increases manageability.
3) I think CLI can be created by writing a yum plugin. Or is there some problems I do not know about with that?
4) What is used on the backend for managing repos? (I probably will need that experience when writing one for patches).
5) I am right now working on a starup, and I will have my exams in June, so I probably will start coding earlier, Hope that is not a problem :)
PS.
I wrote a message asking about "Extendable system hardening tool" earlier
I am deciding between the two, and I would prefer the first one, but if that won't be possible, well - I am eager to contribute to this one, so I ask beforhand. Also, maybe this will be useful for someone else, if I can eventually take the first project, or if I do not pass at all (hope that does not happen, though)
I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
Vladislav Babkin