[CentOS-gsoc] gsoc 2015 projects

Lalatendu Mohanty

lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 06:48:48 UTC 2015

On 03/04/2015 10:35 PM, Marios-Evaggelos Kogias wrote:
> Dear CentOS gsoc mentors,
>
> my name is Marios and I am a student from Greece. I participated in
> gsoc last year in LTTng project and I am interested in participating
> again this year in the CentOS project.
>
> I found the projects you proposed extremely interesting and I am
> really confused which one to choose to make my proposal for. So, I
> would like to ask some clarifying questions, which are groupped per
> project. I address my questions here but I am more than willing to
> talk with the equivalent mentors in IRC or mail. My questions are:
>
> * Centos cloud storage
> - Is glusterfs a prerequisite for the program? Is it possible to use
> another fs, eg CephFS, because I am familiar with the Ceph
> architecture, since I have partially worked with that.
Yes, GlusterFS has been chosen for this GSoC project. There are couple
of reasons for it. One of the reason is that in Storage SIG Ceph
packages are not available till now.

However GlusterFS architecture is easy to pick-up. If you are interested
I can point to getting started documents. I think 1 or 2 days is enough
to have a basic understanding of GlusterFS.

Thanks,
Lala