[CentOS-gsoc] Regarding GSoC Idea: CentOS Cloud Storage components

Wed Mar 11 06:58:19 UTC 2015
Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com>

On 03/07/2015 12:16 PM, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>
> I am writing to you to explore the possibility of a research project
> under your esteemed guidance in GSoC.
>
> I have worked on automatic deployment of virtual labs over cloud
> infrastructure. I captured the essence of cloud computing and learnt
> how virtualization works. The research involved implementation of a
> python API to provide a thin abstraction layer on top of the available
> cloud interfaces and set up experiments on cloud infrastructures
> (OpenStack and Eucalyptus).
>
> I have a strong belief in open source technology and free availability
> of knowledge. I believe that the knowledge in meant to be shared and
> spread. Hence I have experience working with Version Control Systems
> (GIT). I am very much versed with languages like python, c++ and cloud
> infrastructures like OpenStack, Eucalyptus.
>
> Thank you for your consideration. In anticipation of a positive response.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Ashish Agarwal
+centos-gsoc mailing list.

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for you interest in the topic.  As per GSoC schedule [1] you have
time till March 16 to understand the requirements.  So please go ahead
and let us know if you have questions to understand the requirement for
the task.

When the application period opens, we will use the Melange tool [1] for
tracking the application and associated discussions.

[1]
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page

Thanks,
Lala