[CentOS-gsoc] Self Introduction & Interested in Implement and create new documentation toolchain

Karsten Wade

kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 00:25:39 UTC 2015

On 03/18/2015 06:07 AM, 杨 垒 wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I am a student from School of EECS, Peking University, Beijing,
> China. I am interested in contributing to the Implement and create
> new documentation toolchain.
>
> I’ve done some small Python projects with my friend, and I am
> quite familiar with Git and GitHub. Previously I contributed to
> Ghost by translating the documentation to Chinese and found out
> GitHub is an excellent place to store, version and distribute docs.
> I myself is using GitHub Pages to build my personal site. Also, I
> am a MarkDown lover, so it will be great if I could take part in
> this project and use MarkDown as the main writing format.
>
> When using CentOS and other Linux distributions, I search for
> solutions of google and get most answers on StackOverflow and
> personal blogs. It would be great if everyone can contribute docs
> to a centralized place, using some fixed format, so users can look
> for answers quickly and easily.

Lei Yang,

Thank you for your interest. I see that your proposal is already in
the Google Melange website/tool. Until 13 April, myself and other
mentors will be working with you via Melange to improve your proposal.

If you have any questions about CentOS and GSoC, this mailing list
centos-gsoc at centos.org is where to ask them.

If you have any technical questions about the proposal, we are
currently discussing on centos-docs at centos.org:

Sometimes we will discuss there or on the centos-devel mailing list:

You will want to be subscribed to all these mailing lists to make sure
you are part of the discussions and read the responses. Once the
summer coding starts, we will work to make sure that everyone involved
knows where the conversations are happening.

Kind regards,

- - Karsten
- --
Karsten 'quaid' Wade        .^\          CentOS Doer of Stuff
http://TheOpenSourceWay.org    \  http://community.redhat.com
@quaid (identi.ca/twitter/IRC)  \v'             gpg: AD0E0C41