[CentOS-gsoc] kpatch irc log 2015-03-30

Tue Mar 31 04:49:33 UTC 2015
Corey Henderson <corman at cormander.com>

Some more musings this evening.

	kragniz	cormander: evening
	cormander	howdy
	kragniz	how was your weekend?
	cormander	great
	cormander	opening weekend at the local amusement park
	kragniz	nice
	kragniz	I was at a hackathon making horrible sounding music
	cormander	can't say i'v ever done that
	kragniz	it was a fun 24 hours, but I don't think I'd want to listen to
the output for a long period of time!
	cormander	any more Q's on what to do for kpatch? any actual
implementation done?
	kragniz	no implementation done yet - where would you suggest I start?
	kragniz	I was a little hesitant to start writing code before I'd
received some acks from more people in terms of the overall design
	cormander	not sure if others around have a vested technical interest in
the details
	cormander	I'd say, start withing making the /proc/version patch into an rpm
	cormander	for fun, append "-kpatch-foo" to the current version
	kragniz	that sounds like a great idea
	kragniz	building that rpm by hand?
	kragniz	also, a related question - is it okay to do development work on
fedora?
	cormander	go for it
	cormander	as long as the end result works on EL7
	kragniz	yup
	kragniz	I don't see any potential problems with it, other than maybe
different library versions
	cormander	kragniz: one thing you can mull over in your free time
	cormander	is a naming schema for the patches
	cormander	things get a little dicey when a single module contains
multiple patches