[CentOS-gsoc] GSOC Proposal discussion for Extendable system hardening tool

Thu Mar 12 22:35:38 UTC 2015
vladiksonic@mail.ru <vladiksonic at mail.ru>

 Hello!

I am interested in writing the same project. In my humble opinion, macro language is and overkill, but from the other side. Imagine having 100 recipes there. You might as well have quite some predefined functions for that. And that might scale rather poorly, or it will end up being quite alike bash. I think that using sh directly is a better way, because I think that 80% of the calls will be a simple one-liner (like - all the firewall operations are one-liners, database operations are close to that, basic web-server checking goes there as well, and so on), and, well, recipes will be multi-file anyway - sh scripts can be put into a separate folder; But maybe there is a better way to go without sh, and without writing a macro langauge;

--
Good luck,
Vladislav Babkin