[CentOS-gsocadmin] GSOC mentoring organization thoughts

Sun Mar 1 16:11:11 UTC 2009
Bill Scheel <linuxrockz at gmail.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Bill Scheel wrote:
>> With that in mind we need to come up with a quality list of projects,
>> not quantity.
>
> But we have a few days for this right ? This list of projects is not
> something that needs to be finalised by the 13th March ? or does it ?

Yes, it has to be done by March 13.
On that note, here are the items we need to address Monday for the
application.

Submit our application via the GSoC web app between March 9-13, 2009.

In addition to anything else your organization would like to submit as
an application, Google will be asking (at least) the following questions
as part of the application process:

   1. Describe your organization.
   2. Why is your organization applying to participate in GSoC 2009?
      What do you hope to gain by participating?
   3. Did your organization participate in past GSoCs? If so, please
      summarize your involvement and the successes and challenges of
      your participation.
   4. If your organization has not previously participated in GSoC, have
      you applied in the past? If so, for what year(s)?
   5. What license(s) does your project use?
   6. What is the URL for your ideas page?
   7. What is the main development mailing list or forum for your
      organization?
   8. What is the main IRC channel for your organization?
   9. Does your organization have an application template you would like
      to see students use? If so, please provide it now.
  10. Who will be your backup organization administrator? Please include
      Google Account information.
  11. Who will your mentors be? Please include Google Account information.
  12. What criteria did you use to select these individuals as mentors?
      Please be as specific as possible.
  13. What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
  14. What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
  15. What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with
      your project's community before, during and after the program?
  16. What will you do to ensure that your accepted students stick with
      the project after GSoC concludes?