[CentOS-gsocadmin] Fwd: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Re: Please Read: Welcome! And the month ahead for GSoC 2015

Fri Apr 17 09:41:38 UTC 2015
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 04/16/2015 10:17 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>>> If we have any reason to feel we should accept two similar proposals
>>> (such as dividing the work up) and need more slots, we want to
>>> initiate a request for +1 slots within the next few days.
>>
>> I request that we sort this out as quickly as possible. It provides
>> the students with a window of a few extra days to begin work and in
>> turn this helps to adjust against exigencies.
>
> I can find sometime over this weekend to help, what should I be looking
> at ? how can I best support the mentors ?

We know that we have 7 slots. We need to identify the proposals which
should make the slot. If we can get to a point where we have the
following list

Proposal Title | Student Name | Mentor Name

we can be sure that the we are ready for the curtain raiser. The
OrgAdmins can use this list to work on the MelangeUI and set things
up.

The reason I am suggesting that this be undertaken is that it allows
the questions around (a) where to set up project code repo; (b) how to
set up a regular status update schedule; (c) blog aggregation into
Planet CentOS (if expected) etc

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>