[CentOS-gsocadmin] Fwd: Fwd: GSoC 2015 Org Admins: Mentor Stipends + GSoC Mentor Summit Travel Payments

Wed Sep 30 20:15:38 UTC 2015
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>

On 09/30/2015 06:14 AM, Corey Henderson wrote:
> Interested if eligible.

Sorry, interested in which?

I'll have to re-read how it all works, I'm presuming we can split out
payments a bit so some mentors can receive the stipend, while others
can donate it via Google, but not sure how that would work yet.

- - Karsten

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 30, 2015, at 5:28 AM, Karanbir Singh
>> <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>>
>> hi guys,
>>
>> we likely need to close on this real quick. can we get a show of
>> hands from the mentors please.
>>
>> regards,
>>

>> -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject:    Fwd: GSoC 2015
>> Org Admins: Mentor Stipends + GSoC Mentor Summit Travel Payments
>>  Date:    Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:13:51 -0700 From:    Carol Smith
>> <carols at google.com> To:    Jeff Sheltren
>> <jeff at tag1consulting.com>, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at gmail.com>,
>> quaid at centos.org, sankarshan mukhopadhyay
>> <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com>
>>

>> Hi CentOS folks,
>>
>> Are you planning to request your mentor stipends for GSoC this
>> year? You were uninvited from the mentor summit, so you won't be
>> entitled to any travel funds, but you are still entitled to the
>> mentor stipends for the students you mentored this year if you
>> want them.
>>
>> I haven't received a request from your organization yet for the
>> stipends, so I wanted to check. If you don't want them and aren't
>> planning to request them, shall I donate them to the Software
>> Freedom Conservancy on your behalf?
>>
>> Thanks, Carol
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: *Carol Smith*
>> <carols at google.com <mailto:carols at google.com>> Date: Mon, Jun
>> 15, 2015 at 1:34 PM Subject: GSoC 2015 Org Admins: Mentor
>> Stipends + GSoC Mentor Summit Travel Payments To: Google Summer
>> of Code Mentors List
>> <google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com>>
>>

>> **If you are not a GSoC 2015 Org Admin you can stop reading
>> now**
>>

>> Hi Org Admins,
>>

>> I included a link to the payments info page
>> <http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google
/gsoc2015/paymentguidelines>in

my previous email about the mentor summit, but I want to specifically
>> call out the directions for getting your orgs paid below.
>>

>> I want to draw your attention to the payment request form
>> <https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/forms/d/175WV4DY3IKYA9IyChpl6ud
EwtaxCqJqeU0lKS52HQnU/viewform>link.

If you have already signed up as a vendor, the next step for your org
>> getting payments is to fill in the payment request form
>> <https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/forms/d/175WV4DY3IKYA9IyChpl6ud
EwtaxCqJqeU0lKS52HQnU/viewform>.

**Please do this ASAP so we can issue your org a PO.** Once you have a
>> PO your org can start purchasing plane tickets for the mentor
>> summit and invoicing us for reimbursement, so don't delay on
>> doing this.
>>

>> The latest date I will be accepting organization payments for
>> this year is 20 November, 2015. You will need to get special
>> approval from me to submit a payment request later than that, so
>> please be timely.
>>

>> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about
>> any of this.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Carol
>>
>> -------
>>
>> We combine our payments for mentoring (500 USD per student,
>> regardless of outcome), and the GSoC Mentor Summit travel
>> reimbursement (1100 USD or 2200 USD per organization) into a
>> single payment. You only need to request one to get a PO for
>> both.  **PLEASE NOTE that this year organizations may only send
>> 1 delegate to the mentor summit if they were allocated 3 or
>> fewer students. Organizations allocated 4 or more students may
>> send 2 delegates to the mentor summit. We will ONLY pay travel
>> expenses according to these guidelines this year.**
>>
>> If there is no legally incorporated entity or group that can take
>> payment on behalf of your organization, the payment should be
>> paid out to a single individual on behalf of the organization.
>> Accepting such a payment will likely affect the receiver’s
>> taxation status and you should consult with a tax professional
>> for any questions about how accepting these payments will affect
>> you/your organization.  While we welcome any questions about how
>> our payment process works, please note that we can neither in
>> good conscience nor legally answer questions for you about
>> taxation, as that would be providing tax advice and we are not
>> accountants.
>>
>> Please note that the deadline for submitting payment requests
>> for your organization is 20 November, 2015. The last day you can
>> invoice against a PO is 31 December, 2015.
>>
>> Step One - Supplier Enrollment
>>
>> If you have received payment from Google before please fill out
>> the payment request form
>> <https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/forms/d/175WV4DY3IKYA9IyChpl6ud
EwtaxCqJqeU0lKS52HQnU/viewform>with

the exact name and address that was used during vendor setup. If you
>> have already signed up as a Google vendor you can skip to "Step
>> Two" of this document.
>>
>> If you have never been paid by Google before, please complete the
>> following steps so that you will be set up as a vendor in our
>> accounting system:
>>
>> *Go to https://services.google.com/supplier-enrollment/and
>> complete the application.
>>
>> *Please make sure you attach a W8-BEN
>> <http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf>if you are not in the
>> US, and a W9 <http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf>if you are
>> in the US.
>>
>> *Put the following information in the Requestor Information
>> section:
>>
>> *Requestor Name - Carol Smith
>>
>> *Requestor Phone - +1-650-253-1856 <tel:%2B1-650-253-1856>
>>
>> *Requestor email - carols at google.com <mailto:carols at google.com>
>>
>> *Country where goods and services are being delivered - United
>> States
>>
>> Please make sure that you select the correct currency for your
>> payments; the currency you select here *must* be USD, because we
>> only pay in USD. You need to submit banking information for an
>> account that accepts USD and you need to submit an invoice in
>> USD.
>>
>> You should receive a confirmation email telling you if the
>> enrollment was successful.
>>
>> Step Two - Payment Process
>>
>> After you receive your confirmation of being set up as a Google
>> vendor, please fill out the payment request form
>> <https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/forms/d/175WV4DY3IKYA9IyChpl6ud
EwtaxCqJqeU0lKS52HQnU/viewform>with

the name and address you used to fill out the supplier enrollment. It
>> will take approximately 48 hours for your information to
>> percolate through our system. We will then generate a PO# and
>> send it to you. Generating a PO can take up to two weeks.
>>
>> Please note that we cannot accept your invoice or make payment
>> to you until after you receive a Purchase Order from Google.
>> Your invoice must clearly reference this Purchase Order number on
>> it in order to obtain payment. Your invoice must also be dated
>> *after* the date of the Purchase Order issued by Google or your
>> payment will be held indefinitely.
>>
>> Once you receive your Purchase Order via email, you can then
>> bill Google for your mentoring organization's payment. In order
>> to receive payment, please submit a PDF invoice at
>> https://gist-uploadmyinvoice.appspot.com/or, if you're unable to
>> submit the invoice online, send it to p2phelp at google.com
>> <mailto:p2phelp at google.com>and cc: carols at google.com
>> <mailto:carols at google.com>on the message.
>>
>> Your invoice *must* include the following information:
>>
>> *Name and address of your organization - official letterhead is
>> preferred if available, must match supplier enrollment
>>
>> *Line(s) stating what the money is for e.g. "For mentoring 3
>> Google Summer of Code students for the Foo project"
>>
>> *It is likely most useful to simply mirror the wording on the
>> Purchase Order you receive
>>
>> *If you have purchased flights for the mentor summit, invoice
>> only for the amount paid for airfare or driving mileage (55
>> cents/mile, locals only)
>>
>> *Amount of payment in USD
>>
>> *Your invoice MUST include the PO#.
>>
>> *Your invoice MUST be dated after the issue date of your PO
>> number. You may not include tax on your invoice.
>>
>> If you need a template for an invoice for Google, I've provided
>> oneonline
>> <https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&k
ey=tcTopad5wCNtzUN1CbcNmzw&authkey=COC0oMAH#gid=0>.

If you are requesting reimbursement for mentor summit travel, please
>> include a PDF of your travel receipts (airfare only) along with
>> your invoice.
>>
>> Google pays out normally on a “NET 30” from the date you send in
>> your invoice to p2phelp at google.com <mailto:p2phelp at google.com>.
>> This means approximately 30 BUSINESS days which translates to
>> approximately 45 calendar days. If you have not received payment
>> within 50 days, please email me and I will follow up. If you
>> have any questions, your best bet is to contact
>> p2phelp at google.com <mailto:p2phelp at google.com>and cc:
>> carols at google.com <mailto:carols at google.com>.  If you have an
>> urgent issue, please email me directly.
>>
>> NB: POs from Google can be invoiced against as many times as
>> necessary until funds are gone. There's no need to delay in
>> invoicing for plane tickets because you are waiting to invoice
>> for the mentor stipends or vice versa.
>>
>> FAQs:
>>
>> 1) I got a PO that includes $1100/$2200 for travel expenses to
>> the mentor summit but we're not going to send anyone to the
>> mentor summit. Do I need a revised PO?
>>
>> No. Simply invoice for the mentor stipend and don't invoice us
>> for the rest. You don't need a new PO.
>>
>> 2) What does the $1100/$2200 travel budget cover, exactly?
>>
>> This covers airfare for both mentors primarily. You are also
>> welcome to expense ground transportation to/from the airport(s)
>> and/or baggage fees for the delegates assuming the total airfare
>> cost is under the $1100/$2200 you have been allocated. We will
>> not give you more than $1100/$2200 to cover any expenses in any
>> event, but some additional expenses for *travel costs only* are
>> permitted.  Please note that this can never include additional
>> nights in the hotel beyond the two nights already covered by
>> Google directly.
>>
>> 3) We're only sending one delegate to the Mentor Summit. What is
>> our travel expenses cost cap?
>>
>> $1100.
>>
>> 4) We don't want to receive any money from Google this year. Is
>> there anything we need to do?
>>
>> If you're not planning to accept any money from Google this
>> year, first please consider donating your mentor stipend funds to
>> the Software Freedom Conservancy. They would be happy to receive
>> the money and can use funds that would otherwise go unused.
>>
>> If your organization still absolutely does not want the money
>> and does not want to donate it either, please fill out this form
>>
>> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14a9zBYuJ0vjo3GMspWIdRcFxNGNqOSCAfWI
P5Jz9ISg/viewform>to

let us know.