[CentOS-mirror] RSYNC Script

Sydney Bogaert Sydney at igretec.be
Tue Apr 5 06:33:25 UTC 2005

this is my script. :
if [ -f $lockfile ]; then
                echo "already running"

touch $lockfile
rsync -azH --delete --bwlimit=wanted_bandwidth rsync://your.preferred.mirror/packages/centos/ /path/to/centos/repository/
rm -f $lockfile
don't forget the trailing slashes.
the bandwidth is in kilobytes (ex: 2048 -> 16Mbps), and may be omitted if you don't care of saturating your line.
put the command in your crontab, running one or more times a day.