[CentOS-mirror] centos mirror disk space requirements

Sydney Bogaert

Sydney at igretec.be
Wed Apr 27 07:02:09 UTC 2005

for the sizes (at this time) :
22G for 3.4
15G for 4.0

yum.conf :
simply replace mirror.centos.org/centos with your http server/path
---------------
[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

[update]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

--------------
for the scripts,
it is preferred to use lockfiles, preventing multiple copies running concurrently, and setting bandwidth limits (in KB/s).
Put the script in your crontab, running once a day or more.

as the team wrote :
Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

as Shaun wrote (with little modifications):
--------------[CODE]----------------
#!/bin/sh
RSYNC="/usr/bin/rsync"
RSYNC_OPTS="-aHv --delete --bwlimit=512 "

if [ -f "/var/run/mirror.pid" ]; then
   RUNPID=`cat /var/run/mirror.pid`
   if ps -p $RUNPID; then
      echo "Mirror is already running..."
      exit 1
   else
      echo "Mirror pid found but process dead, cleaning up"
      rm -f /var/run/mirror.pid
   fi
else
   echo "No Mirror Process Detected"
fi
echo $$ > /var/run/mirror.pid

echo -n "Mirror Started at "
date

#CentOS Mirror
$RSYNC $RSYNC_OPTS msync.centos.org::CentOS /path/to/local/mirror/root

echo -n "Mirror Ended at "
date
rm -f /var/run/mirror.pid

for the archives, look at the bottom of your post, there is an url.
The archives are there.

Sydney.