[CentOS-mirror] Instructions on CentOS.org for new mirrors

Wed Mar 30 16:28:32 UTC 2005
mirror-maintainer at mirror.averse.net <mirror-maintainer at mirror.averse.net>

Is there any requirement on where to place the centos directory, so that
it is consistent across all centos mirrors?  eg. /pub/centos

Is there a requirement to mirror ALL of centos, including the rather old
2.1 (which incidentally is a symlink pointing outside of the centos
directory and apparently only makes sense if you're also mirror cAos)?

I've been mirroring CentOS only for some time.  Available at
ftp://mirror.averse.net/pub/centos
http://mirror.averse.net/centos
rsync://mirror.averse.net/centos

Any particular reason why the rsyncd module is called CentOS rather than
centos, when the directory itself is called centos?  rsyncd.conf seems to
refuse to allow both capitalizations at the same time.