[CentOS-mirror] cron lock file

Mirror-Admin intergenia AG mirrors at intergenia.de
Tue Sep 13 09:30:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

easiest way to prevent doubles is checking the process list. E.G. create a
bash-script for your mirroring, that checks if there is already a connection to
msync.centos.org::CentOS

#!/bin/bash

if [ "$(ps auxw|grep msync.centos.org::CentOS|grep -v grep" != "" ];then
	echo "A centos-sync is already running ..."
	exit
fi
rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS /PATH/TO/YOUR/MIRROR/FILES/

Kind regards
Jens