[CentOS-mirror] cron lock file

mirror-admin at cs.wisc.edu mirror-admin at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 13 18:24:08 UTC 2005

Silvian Cretu wrote:
>Hi! I am now mirroring CentOS and I would like to use
>lock files so that I don't start multiple connections
>at the same time. I don't know how to do this...
>The CentOS Mirroring HowTo 'told' me that this mailing
>list can help me! Thank you in advance...

If you want to create a lock file without a race condition, you could use the
'lockfile' command.  The man page even shows simple example quasi-script.

--
Dave Thompson  ( thomas (at) cs.wisc.edu )

Associate Researcher                  Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison       http://www.cs.wisc.edu/(twiddle)thomas
1210 West Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53706-1685
--