[CentOS-mirror] I was looking for assisants in building a mirror

Hiram Gibbard gibbard at scs.fsu.edu
Thu Apr 6 13:29:40 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I have been following the HowTo instructions for Mirroring, located at

My question is:
How long does it take to do the initial rsync?

I have ran the command
rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS .

twice and it seems to have timed out, obtaining more data at each run.

I then have ran the same command but with --no-blocking-io in order to
prevent it from timing out. Its been running for well over 16 hrs.

Would anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Hiram Gibbard
Programmer Analyst II
School of Computational Science