[CentOS-mirror] new mirror

Dayne Broderson dayne at alaska.edu
Fri Apr 21 19:52:50 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I've been running an unofficial Centos mirror for a couple years now.. but
since it wasn't a full mirror I didn't announce it outside the university
I am at.   After a revamp of space on some servers I found myself in a
position to do a full and proper mirror.  Sounded like a great plan.

I now have a full Centos mirror available to the world via HTTP and FTP.
The URLs for this are:
 	http://dds.gina.alaska.edu/public/mirrors/centos/
 	ftp://dds.gina.alaska.edu/mirrors/centos/

The rsync options used:
         ROPTS="-avqzH --delete"
         MIRROR="us-msync.centos.org::CentOS"

Mirror is sync'ed twice a day at 3 AM and 3 PM Alaska time.

Credit for this mirror goes to:
   University of Alaska - GINA

The Internet connection should qualify as OC3 or better.

The location is Fairbanks, Alaska.

Anything else I need to provide or should be doing?

# dayne at alaska.edu # 907.474.6182 #