[CentOS-mirror] Suggestion

Johnny Hughes

Sat Apr 8 12:07:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 08:28 -0700, netops wrote:
> >But some of these mirrors are filtered, why CentoS put a legend on these mirrors explaining that this mirror is filtered, this legend will help new CENTOS users to use correct mirrors.
> >

> >Description of Filtered: This mirros have xxx Mbps only in this country or something like this!
> >

> I would also think that any mirror that has limitations like that on it would qualify as a tier 2 mirror. Sorting the mirrors outside the US by country though might be a good idea. In my opinion a tier 1 mirror wouldn't be bandwidth constrained and
> available to anyone

Mirrors with restrictions are marked as tier 2 ... with our new update
system, that will use them for users within that country only for
updates.  Tier 2 also indicates not fast bandwidth (at least not to
everyone ... or at all times).  So, far the tier 2 sites ... if you are
in that country, you might get great speed, other people maybe not.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes