[CentOS-mirror] A new Centos mirror at nic.funet.fi

Lance Davis

lance at uklinux.net
Thu Aug 24 16:13:22 UTC 2006

uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Centos Mirror managers at NIC wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've set up a new centos mirror at the nic.funet.fi

Thanks - it is appreciated

> Direct DVD Downloads.: Yes please, but
>
> it seems I'd need first access to my-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd to make it
> happen. Could that be arranged? Other mirrors could rsync from us  too as
> long as we are not the only source. I'd hope the 2GB limit will gradually
> disappear... It's practically the same bits as in the set of  CDs so if most
> sites supported DVDs I'd suppose the load would not rise much (rsync,
> pureftpd, http 2.2.x and Solaris 10 at least seems to be working
> combination).

If you could please do an initial sync against ine of the other rsync
mirrors that carry dvd images - that would save our servers a lot of
bandwidth - and they are more likely better connected to you than we are.

Having said that, we do need to formalise our approach to dvd downloads
and a request has been made that all mirrors that offer dvd by rsync
should have a separate rsync target for them (or including them) , which I
am inclined to agree with and need to formalise shortly.  Any comments
welcome ...

Regards
Lance