[CentOS-mirror] CentOS-4 to the mirrors

Wed Aug 30 14:11:06 UTC 2006

Kasparek Tomas wrote:
>>> merlin.fit.vutbr.cz is syncing each hour (and acording to logs, it is
>>> working), but acording to stats, "mirror age" is quiet old (2.2 days).
>>>
>>> May the reason be I'm using msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd ?
>>>
> I'm not sure, how the probe on mirror status is done, but at least TIME and
> timestamp.txt are downloaded by rsync allmost each hour.

you need to look at the right column of the mirror-status display, and
there is an explanation at the bottom of the page about what those box's
mean ( the green and red ones ). You will find that your mirror is
actually listed as being updated.

>> I think it is related, so maybe we can figure this out.
>
> it looks so, I checked several mirrors from status pages and most of these
> not working carry iso-dvd and most of these working don't.

thats a fairly accurate assumption - since the rsync'd for jobs with
dvd's would have taken much longer to complete at that time ( and the
mirror's did age a bit during that period, hence the red blocks start
accumulating a bit ) - but looking down the right column, the mirrors
all look ok. The ones that are invalid / not responding, are the only
ones that seem to stay RED.

hope this clears up the situation ?