[CentOS-mirror] CentOS-4 to the mirrors

Wed Aug 30 14:32:35 UTC 2006
Kasparek Tomas <kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz>

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 03:11:06PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> > I'm not sure, how the probe on mirror status is done, but at least TIME and
> > timestamp.txt are downloaded by rsync allmost each hour.
>
> you need to look at the right column of the mirror-status display, and
> there is an explanation at the bottom of the page about what those box's
> mean ( the green and red ones ). You will find that your mirror is
> actually listed as being updated.
>
> >> I think it is related, so maybe we can figure this out.
> >
> > it looks so, I checked several mirrors from status pages and most of these
> > not working carry iso-dvd and most of these working don't.
>
> thats a fairly accurate assumption - since the rsync'd for jobs with
> dvd's would have taken much longer to complete at that time ( and the
> mirror's did age a bit during that period, hence the red blocks start
> accumulating a bit ) - but looking down the right column, the mirrors
> all look ok. The ones that are invalid / not responding, are the only
> ones that seem to stay RED.
>
> hope this clears up the situation ?

I get it as the right column says whether it was possible to do the probe
(on merlin, it says it was possible to probe the status all the time) and
the left column says what the age was at the last probe- i.e. what is the
result of successful probe . So acording to the stats my mirror is 2.3 days
outdated but

http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/timestamp.txt

says Wed Aug 30 09:38:01 EDT 2006 - that mean it's synced.

When 3.8 and 4.4 were out, I got 2 or 3 times a message that the sync
script is already running - that mean that rsync takes more then 1hour as I
run the sync script hourly.

regards

  Tomas Kasparek, PhD student  E-mail: kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
  CVT FIT VUT Brno, BI/140a    Web:    http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~kasparek
  Bozetechova 2, 612 66        Fax:    +420 54114-1270
  Brno, Czech Republic         Phone:  +420 54114-1220

  ICQ: 293092805  jabber: tomas.kasparek at jabber.cz
  GPG: 2F1E 1AAF FD3B CFA3 1537  63BD DCBE 18FF A035 53BC