[CentOS-mirror] CentOS Mirror System Proposals)

Mihai Maties mihai at xcyb.org
Wed Mar 8 21:25:05 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 23:06, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:58 -0600, Bob Pierce wrote:
> > If apache 2.0 works with large files, then we'd be happy to mirror the
> > dvd.iso files.
> >
> > About Apache 2.2, I was referring to an extra package outside of core.
> > But if the functionality is not needed then that's fine.
>
> easy to test
> 1. make a file from urandom that's 3.4GB (size of avg iso)

I don't know if this is such a good idea. dd if=/dev/zero is much faster than
dd if=/dev/urandom and the output file suits your test. I'm pretty sure that
if wget will fsck up the file the test will show it even if the original file
was full of zeros (and BTW, make sure you are using a wget binary with LFS,
or else the test is useless :)

> 2. create a checksum of it (sha1sum thatfile)
> 3. transfer file using wget to another machine
> 4. compare the checksum

Mihai